Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Running and Homeschooling: Desire Trumping Reason

When I ran the San Antonio Marathon 2 years ago I loved many of the sayings I saw on t-shirts and posters.  Here are a few:

Quotes from the 2010 San Antonio Marathon:
*I thought you said 2.62!
 * Chuck Norris never ran a marathon.
 *Marathons are the triumph of desire over reason.



My friend is going to run her first half-marathon next month and she really wants to run, without walking, and finish well.  The third quote above recently came to my mind after I talked to her the other day.  I know she can do it.  Now, she has to want it.  She's been faithfully training for months.  

Then, I thought that the quote could be applied to homeschooling too.  So for me it would be:  Homeschooling through high school is the triumph of desire over reason.  

I  have just over a year and a half to graduate my first child.  Not...sure...if...I can do it....ugh.  There has been quite a few times I almost transferred one or more children into a public or private school...
  
 My desire is to be obedient to God's calling for our family and that seems to be homeschooling our kids....for our family...at this time.  

  Hebrews 12:1b...let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

 How is your homeschooling going?  

 
 

2 comments:

  1. It is like a marathon in some ways. I see how far I have to go, but the end really isn't in sight yet. We're still in the race, sot that's good for now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia, Good to hear from you! I was wondering if you thought about going to the 2:1 Conference?

      Delete