Saturday, June 23, 2012

Crazy. Helpful. Caring. Gap Fillers.

You could have blinked and missed the few posts I wrote about our journey to adopt that started last December.

Two steps forward. One step back.

Somehow in the past few weeks the journey became a sprint. Still the forward and backward thing. But, now at what seems like lightening speed.

 Oh, we had to re-do our entire packet of paperwork after ours was, unfortunately...lost.

At least we have some bragging rights now, "Oh yeah, well we had to do our whole packet twice"!

 About two days ago when we thought we would finally be licensed (allowing us to receive kids) we found out that there is yet another new necessary form. 

We need to have at least one person who is willing to care for our foster kids (they will be foster kids until the adoption is final) in case of emergency.  Oh, is that all?

Hmmm.  Who do we know who would be willing to take in children for an indefinite period of time?

No huge list here.  Okay.  The list is blank.  Not sure if this is a good idea or not, I posted the situation on a few of my homeschool groups' pages.  Almost immediately, no I think it was immediately, I had a handful of ladies saying they were willing to do be our "respite care provider" in case of an emergency.  Although they are in my groups, I didn't actually know most of them.  As I'm writing this the offers are still coming!!

They were sincere.  Caring.  Responsive.  Busy, I'm sure, moms.  Incredible.

Ezekiel 22: 30  "I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none. 
 These ladies saw a gap and were ready and willing to fill it.  Thank you ladies.

What gaps do you think you were meant to fill? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment