Friday, June 29, 2012

It's nothing, but it's everything...


My New Art Space.

I had kids' art supplies in different rooms all over the house.  So, when somebody wanted to create, we had to "get stuff out" from numerous places....and then put it back when finished.   Or, put it away even if we weren't finished so we could use the space for dinner, etc. 

My neighbor has an "art table" in her house.  The stuff is all together and accessible. 

I copied her.  

Don't worry, I asked first!  I didn't even have to buy anything, just rearrange

Here it is.....I promise it doesn't look like much, but it's sooooooo much.  We've used it everyday since I put the space together.  It's nothing, but it's everything....

Hanging on the wall:  colored pencils, crayons, scissors.
On the right side of table:  paper, paint brushes, popsicle sticks, tape, glue, ribbon, etc.
Below in the cabinet:  Play-doh, paint, beads, markers, other supplies.
Shhh, under the table:  trash can, yarn, rubber stamping supplies.


Look what I created the same day that I made the art space!



A nameplate for our house.  I bought the supplies at the end of the school year hoping to finish it this summer.  It took a few hours.  In case you can't tell, the colors are black, white, and BLUE because I love blue.

What's your favorite color?  Do you wear your favorite color, decorate your house with it, or both? 

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely space to create! I've nominated you for The Sunshine Award, congratulations! Check it out at http://worstmome.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steven,
    Thanks. A long time ago someone told me, when I was rubber stamping, that "It's art. You can't mess up!" That was very freeing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I'm visiting from 7 Tools Book Club. This is a great homeschool room. We use our kitchen which was an addition built onto our house years ago. It greatly helped with homeschooling. My sixteen year old wants to be a nurse. I'll take any pointers! What a wonderful family you have! I have two Eagle Scouts too. I'm looking forward to getting to know you in the book club. I also followed you now - sorry I'm so late - but I don't have as much time to blog as I would like - but I try and it's fun. My website and blog are on the 7 Tools fb page. Oh, my kitchen is green and I like that color but don't know if it's my favorite. Hard for me to pick a fav.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting and following and telling me about yourself. I really love that about blogging....meeting new people and getting to know their stories! This isn't our homeschool room....but maybe it will turn into that! We don't have a homeschool room now. The kids love to have Bible in the living room. We do alot of math and language arts at the dining room table and the kids do their individual work in their room or in other rooms in the house. Each house is different for us as far as where we do school. The room in the picture was my "office"/guest room (there is a futon in it/weight room. One little room with lots of uses. And now it's the arts and crafts room too!

    ReplyDelete