Monday, July 9, 2012

The Sunshine Award


Me... nominated?   I got an email/comment from Patricia saying she nominated me for an award and I...well, I almost blushed!  I'm humbled.

The Sunshine Blog Award is a prize is awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.

Thanks Patricia!   Patricia blogs at Worst Mom Ever.  Click on that link and it will take you to the funniest post I've ever seen!  Patricia is a fellow homeschooling blogger.  She is my biggest encourager on my blog and I hope I meet her in person on this side of heaven.
 
 The award works this way. First, the nominee must thank the blogger that nominated her and link back to their blog. Next she must nominate ten bloggers for the award. Then there is a list of ten questions to answer.  Also, make sure you let the bloggers know you nominated them.  Finally, the Sunshine Award button must be posted on the blog.

When I went to the 2:1 Conference the mantra was "Plug other's blogs as much as possible.  They are not your competition, they are your community."  

Here are my nominations for the Sunshine Award in no particular order.  I hope you visit them.  They are my community.

Confessions of a Fraidy Cat   I met Carol Anne at the 2:1 Conference and we bonded.  To say she is witty is an understatement;  she has an amazing way with words.  Here's what she says, "We live in times that give all of us reasons to fear.  There is a fraidy cat in all of us. The list is as varied as the hairs of our head.  I'm in the process of evicting mine...and I have several! So, come on along for the fun...if you dare!"  She is the bravest fraidy cat I know.

Yes They're All Ours  Elizabeth is the very busy mom of 10 children.  She has a beautiful smile and attitude.  She's been homeschooling since 1990 and she's on the downward slide with just five children and twelve years to go!  ;)   Her link will take you to my all-time favorite blog post.

 A Holy Experience  Ann's blog is beautiful.  I get on her blog and have a hard time leaving.  Here's what she says, "I had babies. Half a dozen beautiful babies. My laundry basket is never empty. I lose library books. I homeschool our six exuberant kids and most days I feel just a tad bit overwhelmed and crazy."  Can you see why I like her blog?  She is an encourager. 


Addison's Disease Daily  She is my friend, a wife, mom, sister, daughter, and most importantly, incredibly thankful child of God.  Her blog is not just an encouragement to other's with chronic illness, but it encourages everyone. 



Preparing Good Soil  My friend Jen is a Christian, military wife and homeschool mom.  The blog's title Preparing Good Soil is based on Jesus' parable in Luke 8 and Jen encourages other women.  


Mom of 8   She's the mom of 8 and has over 3200 followers on her blog.....do I need to say more?!


Tell Me a Story  Her desire is to rescue the stories from our childhood and those stories about our children.   She has a blog link for bloggers to post their stories.  What an awesome idea!


Many Little Blessings    Many Little Blessings chronicles the life of a 30-something Catholic homeschooling Mom. Join her as she relies on God’s grace and the power of her shiny red stand mixer to get her through life without losing her mind.


Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers  Kris is a Christian. Wife. Mom x 3. Home educator. Sweet tea addict. Formerly obese. Runner.  (Love her blog name!)  She's always willing to help/reply to comments and questions. 


Teaching What is Good  Kate has a passion about older women teaching younger women in the manner of Titus 2:3-5.  Another homeschooling mom of 8!


Now it's time for me to answer the ten questions about myself.

1- Favorite Color:  Blue!

2- Favorite Animal:  Dog.  Big dogs.

3- Favorite Number:  Never had one even during four years of  high school basketball.  My favorite TV show about a favorite number is Seinfeld's show where George wanted to name his child "Seven."  

4- Favorite Drink:  Which version?  G or PG-13?  G= Venti Non-fat Latte with 2 Splenda and heated to 160 degrees.  Hey, you asked!  And, I lived in Washington State where coffee is the national sport.  PG-13= (currently) Moscato wine.  

5- Facebook or Twitter:  I'm on both, but hardly ever visit Twitter...usually only when I want to get in touch with famous people. 

6- Good Book or Good Movie:  If I have the time;  good book.  

7- My Passion:  My family.  And chocolate comes in a close second.

8- Giving or Getting Gifts:  Hmmm.  Oh, that's so not fair.  I guess giving.

9- Favorite Day: Saturday.  It's the only day when I theoretically don't have to do anything. 

10- Favorite Flower:  Yellow rose (even before I lived in TX).

So, there you have it. If you've been nominated don't forget to grab the button and start thinking about who you will nominate. Be sure to take some time to check out some of these great blogs!




7 comments:

  1. congrats on your award!! and thank you soo much for the award!! it is a beautiful thing to have blogging buddies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annmarie, I agree. Blogging buddies are beautiful! It amazes me that cyberspace people are so real!

      Delete
  2. Are you kidding me? #1 that I made your list and #2 that Elizabeth Ours was one of the 2 keynote speakers at the 1st homeschool moms conference I organized!!! I think you have reduced the world to 1 degree of separation! How did a girl from SC and another from GA via SC connect w/ a globe trotting friend living way out west of the Mississippi?

    I used to wonder why older folks looked forward to Heaven. I no longer wonder. While I love our technologically flat world and how it allows us to stay in touch, I long for the day when the Lord calls us home for the most amazing family reunion we can NOT imagine. Friends like you increase my anticipation. Hugs to you for your inspiration, for your service to our country (your own and your family's), and for your immediate and enduring friendship.

    Now...if I can figure out what I'm supposed to do to accept my award. you know how fraidy cats are about performance pressure and technological hoop jumping. Gracious. If ONLY grabbing buttons involved a needle and thread. I'd be your girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are the "rules" that I got. "First, the nominee must thank the blogger that nominated her and link back to their blog. Next she must nominate ten bloggers for the award. Then there is a list of ten questions to answer. Also, make sure you let the bloggers know you nominated them. Finally, the Sunshine Award button must be posted on the blog."

    I actually googled Sunshine Award and saw what other bloggers did. if you are nominated that means that you got the award!! Then you nominate 10 other bloggers on one of your posts. I've seen people do it different ways. You could just put a link to their blog, but I liked to put a note about the blogger too. Then send the bloggers a note letting them know they were nominated. I sent the bloggers a comment, but I don't know that any of them saw the comment on their blog because none acknowledged it. That's why I wrote to you on FB. Then just put the Sunshine Award button on your post with your nominees.

    Does all of that make sense? You can really do it however you want. Nominate bloggers in a post, let them know, and put a button on your post- simple!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for thinking of me and I am humbled and greatful for your nomination for any reward. Isn't it wonderful that we all get a reward in heaven? Thank you for sharing and letting others know about our blog party at "Tell me a True Story." It is Okay to enter true stories about today as well as those in the past. I do encourage you to keep a journal of sorts so that you do not forget those memories of your childhood or of your childrens childhood. It is sad when we no longer remember! My mother had some mini strokes and it effected her memorty. She seldom knew who I was for about 7 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to write things down or I don't remember them much of the time. That's one reason I like blogging. It's a virtual memory.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the Sunshine Award nomination Sue! You are such an encourager!

    ReplyDelete