Sunday, April 15, 2012

Unkind Speech vs. Kind Speech

 I wonder why the day after I wrote about responding to the "Do you do anything?" question, the Lord prompted me to write about unkind speech?  ("Do You Do Anything?")   We talked about unkind speech during school this week, and below is some of what we talked about. 

"What does our speech reveal about us? What kind of impact does our speech have on other people? The following Bible verses teach us how to use our speech to honor God. Our words have a tremendous impact on people. It's important that we learn to communicate with wisdom and purity. We must keep in mind that our speech can serve as a reflection of our relationship in Christ. The following Bible verses provide a model for our speech so we can communicate the truth in love.
Here is a list of Bible verses about our speech."  John Sachem 
  •  Psalm 19:14
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
  •  Psalm 34:12-13
    Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days, keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.
  • Psalm 37:30
    The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks what is just.
  • Psalm 39:1
    I said, "I will watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin; I will put a muzzle on my mouth as long as the wicked are in my presence.
  •  Psalm 119:172
    May my tongue sing of your word, for all your commands are righteous.
  • Psalm 139:4
    Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.
  • Proverbs 8:13
    To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.
  •  Proverbs 10:31-32
    The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom, but a perverse tongue will be cut out. The lips of the righteous know what is fitting, but the mouth of the wicked only what is perverse.
 See link for full article.  http://voices.yahoo.com/bible-verses-our-speech-5577521.html?cat=34


Our dog, Darby, on the right, and her best friend, Sadie.  Sadie is moving this week and she'll be greatly missed.  Her "people" are the best neighbors and we will miss them too!


To keep up with Journeying, become a follower.  Click on "Join This Site" on the right sidebar.
Or, click on "Follow by email" to get email updates.
You can follow on Facebook at My Facebook Page.



2 comments:

  1. Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. And it's hard not saying..."Do as I say and not as I do!"

    ReplyDelete