Monday, November 28, 2011

Only 15 more years of homeschooling

I'm not quite at the halfway point of my homeschool journey yet.  Levi turns 3 this week.  I can't believe it. 

Luke will graduate in the spring of 2014 and then Levi will start kindergarten in the fall of 2014 and graduate in 2026 (ish).  That means the most students I will have in homeschool at one time is five.  This is my third year with 5 of my kids in school.

Currently I have a toddler,  two elementary-age students, two middle school students and one high school student.

I call my toddler "job-security."

People sometimes ask me what I do. 
             My mood usually determines my answer.  Most often I smile and say, " I'm retired, so I just sit around watching TV and eating chocolate."  If they actually look like they believe I do that, I add, "And I have 6 kids and homeschool them."  After that comment I can't remember anybody ever asking what I retired from.  That is the true part.  So is the eating chocolate...it's the sitting around and watching TV part that I made up. 


What?  You want to know what I did before homeschooling?!  Since you asked...here's the short version. 

I spent 20 years in the Army before retiring.- yes, I retired. I have a master's degree in Nursing and I'm an adult nurse practitioner.  I am a Dessert Storm veteran- I was in a Mobile Army Surgical Hospital.  I jumped out of airplanes and helicopters for fun.  I've competed in marathons and triathlons...and finished two marathons in the past year.  I grew up in PA, lived in CA, GA, TX, MA, WA, LA, Germany,  spent summers in NJ and I've traveled to/in four continents.   I think that's the short version.

And, oh, for the next 15 years...teaching, learning, being a wife, mother and daughter of  The King!

No comments:

Post a Comment