Friday, March 16, 2012

Homeschool conference: Intimidating?

I'm going to a conference for homeschoolers who also blog.

The conference is limited to 200 people; so it will be intimate, I suppose.  Attendees are linking their blog, and other social media info, to a site for other attendees to see before we arrive.  I've looked at a few of their blogs...if I ever actually got intimidated about anything, it would be about attending this conference with ladies who are way out of my blogging/social media league.  These are people who write books, get paid to speak in public, and have thousands of followers on their blog site.  Thousands of followers!?

Instead of being intimidated I'm looking at this as a chance to learn from 199 other women who are way more tech savvy than I am.  Yup.  And, a chance to just have fun.  Basically, I going there to be schooled!  Good thing it's a home"school" conference. 

Here is how one of the attendees described herself on her blog...it's hilarious...
"Dianna is the 2010 version of the Well-Brought-Up-Southern-Girl. She knows shouldn’t give the children Twinkies for breakfast, drink hard liquor before 5 p.m., or scream obscenities at the top of her lungs, unless there are extenuating circumstances."  http://thekennedyadventures.com/

Read between her lines...there are always extenuating circumstances.  ahhhh. It's going to be interesting...

2 comments:

  1. Shoot -- I'm just thrilled to be able to go to the 2:1 Conference! Google - first time blog conference, and you'll find lots of tips.
    I'd suggest some business cards - with your name, email, blog address, and twitter handle if you're over there.

    We're all there to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the google tip! Yes, that was my point; I'm excited to go and glean from others!

    See you there!

    ReplyDelete