Friday, October 21, 2011

"All I need to learn I learn on YouTube"

It's so true, isn't it?

Check out the "Homeschooled vs. Homeschooler" clip on YouTube. 

http://youtu.be/kQoSRfu5z_4
 
While you're there you can also view "Annoying Homeschool Questions".  Luke says he gets these all the time.  I never hear them, but then, I'm not homeschooled.
http://youtu.be/T3tmvjpoBX4

Did you notice that I didn't post yesterday?  You did?!  Good.  I guess. I needed sleep!
 
Today Caroline did really well on her German test!   Yesterday she said it is easier learning the feminine, masculine and neuter articles in German because she had learned that in Latin.  That's the kind of stuff you want your "homeschooled"  kids to say (very loudly) in front of grandparents and neighbors.  If they don't, then it is requisite that you put it in your blog. 

Speaking of Latin, Steve told me that one of our friends (living in Korea) started using the Latin program that we use.  I told him about it incidentally a few months ago, not showing-off like above, when he stopped by our house during a TDY (temporary duty assignment to Fort Sam).  It's Latina Christiana.  Same company that provides Luke's online logic class.  
 
Luke and I learned a new German word today:  begreifen.  It means to comprehend, which is different than verstehen, which means to understand.


On our way to dinner at a friend's house.  They invited another family too.  We are three of the San Antonio families that go to ACTION Speech and Debate Club which is in New Braunfels (40-45 minutes away).

No comments:

Post a Comment