Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Freedom is not free.

 I was searching for something in San Antonio today and I came upon this article and pictures.   A 26 yo 1LT was killed in Afghanistan this month leaving behind a young wife, 3 yo son and 20-month old baby.  I just have to say, "Freedom is not free."


http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/military/article/Fallen-GI-gets-poignant-farewell-2209276.php#photo-1656877


"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke



Levi stepped outside to the backyard while I was in the house today.  I knew Caroline was out there on the trampoline, so I finished something and then headed outside.  Apparently he had to go potty right after getting outside.   So this is how I found him.  I made him cover up a little for the pictures.



That's grass on his right (rear) cheek.




So, Caroline said, "Take some pictures of me on the trampoline."




Today I took Caroline to play miniature golf with other pre-teen homeschool girls.  There were about 7 girls there.  Caroline isn't a big fan of miniature golf, so it was just "ok" for her.   In December they are having a cookie decorating and swap gathering and she thought that would be fun.  Levi came with us and slept most of the time in his stroller.  I twiddled my thumbs, checked my email and talked to another homeschool mom or two.  I think the word for that is "relaxing". 

So far this week, I've had to go to 2 medical appointments:  one planned and one acute appointment this morning.  On Monday Luke, Caroline and Josh had orthodontist appointments.  Everyone went.  Levi slept during that appointment too!  Today I had to take Jesse for an acute appointment (he'll be fine)  and I just had to take Levi because the older ones stayed home with the younger ones.  Up until just a few short years ago, when somebody had an appointment I had to take everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Here I am, leaving my first comment! You did mention Hollywood and all, so I figured it was time to post. Just kidding!

    Levi + the dog= priceless. Made me laugh!

    Don't you love having live in babysitters? I had several appointments this week as well, it was so nice not to have to take them with.

    ReplyDelete