Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Don't argue with me." "I'm not."

That was a brief conversation I had with Levi today.  It's sort of funny, sort of not.

Another thing he yelled to me from his room after he kicked me out when I was reading to him at quiet time/nap time was, "Mooooom.  Will you 'way' by me?"  Yes, it was "way" and not "lay".  He can be so smart, yet still sound like a 2 year old.

I am trying to explain to the kids that when an adult is talking to them, or when they are in a class, they need to listen and not be disruptive.  I'm not sure how long it will take for them to get that, but I guess I have until they graduate.  I thought they would have "gotten it" by now.  Their worst behavior is  in Bible class.  I thought it was because they don't like Bible class, but I had them write down everything they don't like about Bible class and they didn't write anything. 

We are studying early England after the Vikings and the invasion of William the Conqueror.   I read a book to Sophia today called, The Tomten.  I don't remember reading it before.  We looked up, "What is a Tomten?"  They are from Sweden and basically they are gnomes.  Many Swedish believe they are real.  We even watched a You Tube clip of a supposed Tomten sighting in Argentina.  Pretty interesting.
Here's a pic of the book.

     

 Jesse is still recovering, but he went to his Robotics class today.  He wishes he had it 2 days a week instead of just one.  I got some work done with Sophia while we were there and Levi happily played as we all sat outside.  

We can sit outside in TX. It's going to be 100 degrees for the next two days.   And then still in the 90's after that...and continue in the 90's as we reach October this weekend!




















No comments:

Post a Comment